TruePulse is searching for 41K and 41H14A for the Lucent WaveStar OLS 40G.
The 41K, HECI code WMOMAF3, Comcode 109502716 is an OTU or Optical Translator Unit for the Lucent WaveStar OLS 40G.
The 41H14A, HECI code WM3WUE0, Comcode 109178012, is also an OTU or Optical Translator Unit for the Lucent WaveStar OLS 40G.
The Lucent WaveStar OLS 40G was originally developed in the mid-1990’s, but is still in production today.
Lucent went through multiple product and company restructurings over the years. So you may be familiar with the 41K and 41H14A under various products/brands including the WaveStar OLS 40G, the Wavestar OLS 80G, the METROPOLIS EON (Enhanced Optical Networking), or the ALCATEL-LUCENT 1694. These assets were ultimately sold to Nokia, who no longer supports the product.
The 41K and 41H14A OTU circuit packs regenerate an OC-48/STM-16 optical signal by:
- Converting the signal from optical to electrical format
- Converting the signal back into an optical signal that is compatible with WaveStar OLS 80G EON or a receiver of the optical channel source
- Monitoring the signal for degradation
The OTU control structure provides the following functionality:
- Equipment version information per OTU (OC-48/STM-16), QOTU, and OTPM (OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, 100-750 Mb/s) and GbE.
- Software download from the SYSCTL/SYSMEM to the OTCTL and through the OTCTL to the OTUs and QOTUs
- Equipment failure indications for OTUs, QOTUs, and OTPMs
- Incoming signal failure indications (LOS, LOF, and AIS) for OTU and OTPM ports
- B1 performance monitoring in 15 minute/daily bins and TCAs for each OTU and OTPM port (this is not provided for the LSBB OTPM
- Optical parameter performance monitoring (LBFC/OPT, RCV PWR/OPR, LBC) for the OC-48/STM-16 OTUs. For OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 OTPMs and 100-750 Mb/s LSBB OTPMs, analog performance parameters are not provided (available for factory testing and calibration) and all outof- range indications are treated as OTPM failures.
- Autonomous TL1 alarm reporting for all OTU, QOTU, and OTPM equipment
- Autonomous TL1 alarm reporting for QOTU and OTPM incoming signal conditions, including the T-x condition types for TCAs
- Incoming signal port state provisioning for all OTU and OTPM ports
- In-service indications (green LED) for OTPM ports.
This information is reported through the WaveStar OLS 80G EON user interface.
In addition to the Metropolis EON, TruePulse is interested in modules for various Alcatel-Lucent optical transport platforms, such as the FT-2000, the 7210, the LambdaUnite 1675 MSS and the WaveStar OLS 400G. Please send us an email with any equipment that you have available.