TruePulse would like to purchase NT8E01DG and NT8E01RB for the Nortel S/DMS TransportNode OC-48 NE. This system is alternately called the FDN2400, or the Classic OC-48, Optera, MOR or MOR Plus. You may possibly know these modules as the Ciena NT8E01DG and Ciena NT8E01RB.
NT8E01DG is a Nortel OC-48 DM-DWDM 1533.47 nm 1:N transmit interface.
NT8E01RB, HECI code SNT2BCD, is a Nortel OC-48 long reach 1541 nm 1:N enhanced transmit interface. This circuit board supports OC-3, STS-12, or OC-12 interfaces in the four quadrants of an OC-48 terminal shelf. It is used in 1:N systems configured with high-jitter tolerant receiver interfaces (NT8E02D) or with the low-jitter tolerant receiver interfaces (NT8E02C).
The Nortel S/DMS TransportNode OC-48 network element can be configured as follows:
• a single-shelf linear system with a 1+1 protection scheme
• a single-shelf linear system with a 1:1 protection scheme
• a single-shelf linear system without OC-48 transport protection (called a 0:1 system)
• a multishelf linear 1:N protection scheme, with or without extra traffic on the protection channel
• a two-fiber bidirectional line-switched ring (BLSR), which is called the OC-48 GR-1230 Ring
In addition to the NT8E01DG and NT8E01RB, TruePulse would like to acquire many other modules for the Nortel S/DMS TransportNode OC-48 NE. We are also interested in modules from other Nortel Central Office platforms, including the OME 6500, the DMS-1U, the OM 3500 and the DMS-100. Please contact us about any decommissioned Nortel Central Office equipment that you have.
Updated July 1, 2022