Here is a question: what do a Barking Squirrel, Golden Horseshoe Blond, and Higherballer Pumpkin all have in common? Why they are all locally brewed Ontario craft beers of course. On Thursday evening, July 17, The Rotary Club of Richmond Hill will be holding their second annual Craft Beer Festival to raise funds for several charities supported by Rotary.
The event will be held at the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts. Ticket prices are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Tickets are available on-line at www.rotarybeertasting.com , at King Henry’s Arms (9301 Yonge St), or through Rotarians.
Eleven local craft breweries will be participating including:
- Black Oak Beer http://www.blackoakbeer.com/
- Cameron’s Brewing http://www.cameronsbrewing.com/
- Creemore Springs http://www.creemoresprings.com/
- Grand River Brewing http://grandriverbrewing.com/
- Granville Island Brewing http://gib.ca/
- Great Lakes Brewery http://www.greatlakesbeer.com/
- Hop City Brewing http://www.hopcity.com/
- King Brewery http://www.kingbrewery.ca/
- Lake of Bays Brewing http://lakeofbaysbrewing.ca/
- Nickel Brook Brewing http://www.nickelbrook.com/
- Stouffville Brewery http://redfalconale.ca/
Each will bring a few different types of beer to sample. A 4 oz sample is $1. So you may end up trying a lager, or an ale, or a stout, bitter, pilsner, porter, bock and lemon beer-cooler too! For those that do not drink alcohol, there will be cider and coffee available.
There will be great live music from our own local artists Ben Crosby www.bencrosbymusic.com , Matt Groopie http://mattgroopie.com/ , Caveen, and Ravyn Red http://ravynred.com/
Food will also be available from area restaurants King Henry’s Arms http://www.kinghenrysarms.com/ , Fraticelli’s http://www.fraticellis.ca/ and The Earl of Whitchurch www.earlpub.ca
Come enjoy a great evening of drink, food and music! Telecommunication industry professionals will be particularly welcome!